Across the Bridge
Esquimalt is to Victoria what Brooklyn was to New York
Okay a bit of a stretch, but Esquimalt is a hidden gem within Greater Victoria.
Highlights (from experience):
- Parks and outdoor living, as pictured.
- Proximity to…everything! 10 minutes from downtown, Westshore, easy to access Highway 1. You could commute via kayak/SUP if you worked downtown and lived in these homes.
- Young family/professional demographic = awesome rec centre, coffee shops, farmers markets, breweries, etc.
- New infrastructure and improving/updating older infrastructure, see the Official Community Plan.
- The PEOPLE, members of this community are passionate about where they live. As part of the re-zoning process we attended multiple City Council meetings. I was surprised by how many ‘regulars’ attended these meetings and if there was a Public Hearing the room was packed!